40 Input, 25 Bus Digital Mixing Console with 32 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, 25 Motorized Faders, Channel LCDs, 32 Channel Audio Interface and Touring-Grade Road Case
The Behringer X32 digital mixing console lets you focus on your event, instead of navigating a vast sea of knobs, buttons and menus like most other live digital mixers. X32 is intuitive and powerful with 40 processing channels and 25 mix buses, all equipped with serious signal processing (dynamics, EQ and inserts), which can be configured quickly to meet the demands of virtually any gig, large or small.
Use any combination of the local 32 console mic inputs or the networked digital snake inputs on stage—their audiophile quality programmable preamps always ensure full control, purity and impeccable dynamics. The dedicated channel strip section puts 17 backlit buttons and 13 rotary controls with LED-collars right at your fingertips for nuanced adjustment of each channel's compressor, 4 band parametric EQ and much more. Each input and output channel strip features its own colour backlit 128x64 graphic LCD, which provides vital channel information at-a-glance.
The onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to eight true-stereo, multi-effects processors (16 mono) including delay, chorus, dynamics—and it can run 4 production quality true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 8 channels of 31-band graphic equalization, all without the need for expensive, space-consuming external hardware.
I/O abounds with 32 high-end programmable mic preamps; 6 Aux Inputs on 1/4" TRS; 16 balanced XLR Outs, plus balanced Control Room outputs on both XLR and 1/4" TRS connectors. A single CAT5 cable from FOH to the stage can receive up to 48 channels of audio input—and deliver all bus outputs, along with 16 individual monitor feeds for BEHRINGER’s brand new P16 personal monitoring system.
Thanks to the netbook-resolution, 800x480 high-contrast colour TFT display, you are never more than one or two button presses away from any of X32’s eight highly intuitive control screens. Once you select the desired function, dedicated rotary/push encoders allow you to set parameters and source I/O assignment, without the need to "drill down" through multiple layers of menus or page through a complex owner's manual.
Signals can be assigned to eight DCA groups (Digitally Controlled Amplifier), which provides simultaneous group level control via dedicated 100 mm motorized faders. The audio engineer can communicate with the talent by means of the Talk-back section’s on-board mic or an external mic of their choosing. X32’s scene management allows snapshots of high-level production mixes to be captured and recalled for future use (you can even save them to a USB stick). X32 even has a dedicated custom control section with user-definable knobs and buttons where you can create your own set of controls, making it easy to access frequently used functions “on-the-fly.”
Powered by MIDAS & KLARK TEKNIK
When Behringer began development on the X32, they called on their sister companies, MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK, recognized the world over for their digital consoles and EQ/FX processing, for implementation support. The programmable, high-grade mic preamps found in the X32 are based on a genuine MIDAS design, all the way down to their A/D converters. The resulting design ensures superior common mode rejection (CMRR) and extremely low harmonic distortion (THD). The X32 is an amazingly clean amalgam of high technology merged with superb user-friendly features. They received support from MIDAS and KLARK TEKNIK in designing the X32's GUI (graphical user interface), they also drew on their extensive experience in FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) coding for rock-solid, ultra-low latency digital channel patching—giving the X32 the capacity to handle up to 168 sources on 168 destinations, including the two AES50 ports.
The X32 provides extensive output connectivity including 16 balanced XLR outputs, six balanced Line I/O on 1/4" TRS connectors; dual Phones outputs; Main LCR (Left, Center, Right) buses; 16 mix buses (also configurable as subgroups) with Inserts, 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing; plus six independent Matrix Mixes with Inserts, also with 6-band parametric EQ and dynamics processing. The rear panel also sports two AES50* ports, each with KLARK TEKNIK's rock-solid SuperMAC 48 channel I/O networking capability (for addressing a total of 96 inputs and outputs). Stereo digital output and MIDI are also supported, as well as ultra-low jitter, ultra-low latency communication between the X32 and digital snakes, remote stage boxes and outboard recording devices. A convenient top panel USB port is available for recording an uncompressed two-channel “board mix” straight to any standard USB thumb drive or for playing background music.
View more X
- 40 input channel, 25 bus digital mixing console for Studio and Live application
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 25 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control
- 16 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction
- 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge—no host PC required
- High-resolution 7" day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6 band parametric EQs and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups
- Virtual FX rack featuring 8 true-stereo FX slots include high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS*, etc.
- 40 Bit floating-point DSP features "unlimited" dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Powerful scene management for convenient handling of complex productions
- 48 channel Digital Snake ready** via AES50 ports, featuring KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Dedicated and easy-to-use channel strip section with direct access controls and graphic user interface for intuitive workflow
- Additional user-definable control section allows for on-the-fly adjustments of your favorite parameters
- ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER's P-16 Personal Monitoring System** plus AES/EBU stereo digital output and MIDI
- Networked remote control for show setups with on-screen software editor via Ethernet
- Built-in expansion port for audio interface cards or digital networking bridges
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX "Plug Ins", downloadable from behringer.com free of charge
- Comes with Tracktion 4 Audio Production Software
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- 40-input channel, 25-bus digital mixing console.Touring-grade roadcase featuring marine-grade plywood, impact- resistant aluminum extrusions and high-density protective foam. 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 25 Fully automated motorized 100 mm faders allow for instant overview, powerful scene management and DAW control. 16 XLR outputs plus 6 additional line in/outputs, 2 phones connectors and a talkback section with integrated or external mic
- Individual and dynamic LCD Scribble Strips on all channels and buses creating easy assignment and intuitive channel distinction. 32 x 32 channel USB 2.0 audio interface, with DAW remote control emulating HUI* and Mackie Control*
- iPad* and iPhone* apps for professional remote operation available free of charge - no host PC required. High-resolution 7 day-viewable Color TFT for easy viewing of workflow components and parameters
- Main LCR, 6 matrix buses and 16 mix buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ's and full dynamics processing, plus 8 DCA and 6 mute groups